Growing up, my family church wasn’t somewhere we went only on Sunday mornings. It’s somewhere I went Wednesday nights for youth group, Tuesday nights for AWANA, and one entire week every summer for Vacation Bible School.
The point is, churches, as well as mosques, temples, synagogues and all other religious institutions, do so much more than facilitate one large-scale day of worship each week. They’re places where people gather to pray, to play, to learn and to celebrate. It’s important these facilities properly utilize tools other than church management software, so members and visitors have the best experience possible.
- Presentation software tools are helpful during worship services to inform members and visitors of song lyrics. They also help congregation leaders provide a visual display of the message they’re giving on a certain day.
- Survey software could help a board of religious administrators make anonymous voting decisions, as well as gather community feedback. Polls can be taken live during a service that require the entire congregation’s input, or privately in meetings involving leadership and administration.
- Child care software is useful for institutions that provide nurseries and other child care services for families in attendance. These tools can be used to check in and track which children are dropped off and cared for on certain days, as well as record snack or meal menus and lesson plans. This makes the child care process more transparent for parents who are entrusting their children into someone else’s safekeeping.
- Email marketing software or email tracking software can help a church’s, temple’s, mosque’s or synagogue’s communications team with awareness and outreach. These types of tools can serve as digital address books, keeping track of committed members as well as newcomers or visitors. They can be used to send invitations to events, or reach out to a member who hasn’t been around in a while. They can help advertise for upcoming sermon series or ministry focuses, and tracking tools can help administrators understand whether the tool is successful.
- Desktop publishing software is helpful for religious institutions that hope to attract more attendees via artwork. While a graphic designer isn’t every religious facility’s first priority, having someone familiar with a desktop publishing tool can help create more engaging artwork that might bring in more guests. These tools can help create event posters, programs or schedules of events, and smaller cards that can be passed out in public.
Leadership at some religious institutions might be interested in investing in an all-encompassing church management solution. Although this is the common reference, church management tools can be implemented in many religious institutions.
Various platforms exhibit a wide range of features, including but not limited to organization of financial data, attendance and member records, and calendars for facility and event booking. Reviewers on G2 Crowd have cited using church management tools to improve such processes as centralizing data and understanding community involvement. This type of software can also help manage donations and aid in fundraising efforts.
The aforementioned solutions address only some of the responsibilities religious institutions conquer daily. To understand more ways your temple, synagogue, church or cathedral could become more efficient with software, head over to G2 Crowd’s home page and chat with a buying advisor.