To be considered for future Q&As, start by posting a few software reviews on the site, and then email dhonigman-at-g2crowd-dot-com if you’re interested in participating.
Read the Q&A with Ben – and about some of his favorite platforms – after the jump.
Name: Ben Donkor
Current hometown: London, United Kingdom
Twitter handle: @FR314
LinkedIn profile URL: uk.linkedin.com/in/bernardodonkor/
What do you like most about G2 Crowd?
The sense of community and reliability that you can feel in the reviews and the Q&A sections. Knowing that my reviews, answers and any other contributions will be read by other professionals who are in my same shoes (looking for a tool, looking for an alternative, or just taking a peek at what other tools are out there) – THAT drives me to contribute with meaningful content, content that I would be glad to read if I was looking for an honest, unbiased review. This is one of the several reasons why I always recommend G2 Crowd to colleagues and other professionals I meet at events and in my travels.
Ben’s top five software, as excerpted from his reviews:
1) Brandwatch: It’s flexible, customisable, it’s great for beginners and it appeases the advanced users who are always looking for more and more data; it’s also the tool with the highest number of supported Boolean queries – something to keep in mind if you want to build really flexible and accurate social listening queries.
2) Simply Measured: It boils down to three main features: the reports (insightful, comprehensive, and actually good-looking), the backups (Simply Measured gives you a repository where all your generated reports are filed, and you can easily go back to them whenever you want, so you can finally say goodbye to messy desktops and messy folders), and endless customization: for a lot of people, social media analytics means exporting lots of data from a social platform, then spending time working on that data in Excel, then dumping your work into a template, making sure the tables are properly in place, that the text is in the right format, and that everything looks on point. Well, Simply Measured saves you all of those steps.
3) Buffer: Buffer has never failed me – no errors, no bugs…and its iPhone app is great. Buffer is great for the casual tweeter as well as businesses (small and big) and bloggers etc. Another thing I love about Buffer (besides their inspiring and insightful newsletters) is the regularity in their updates to the software, unobtrusively.
4) Conversocial: This is not only a great tool to manage your customer services, but also to engage with your fans. No need to have two separate tools for that – you can schedule your content, while responding to your customers’ feedback. Additionally, you also get some insightful analytics to see how fast your team is at responding
5) Wildfire: it still remains a great tool from an analyst perspective, as it compares your competitors’ social pages and it gives you insights on how your pages are performing against your competitors’.