G2 Crowd finds Google Drive tops satisfaction ratings while SharePoint earns highest overall market presence score
G2 Crowd, the world’s leading business software review platform, today released the Winter 2018 Business Content Management Grid® report to help businesses make the best business content management technology buying decision. Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive for Business, SharePoint, Box, Dropbox Business, Quip, Citrix ShareFile, and Hightail were named Leaders in the report, receiving a strong customer satisfaction score with a large market presence.
Wimi and Flockrush were named High Performers in the report, earning strong customer satisfaction marks with smaller market presence scores. Google Drive received the highest overall satisfaction score and SharePoint earned the highest overall market presence score.
This report also breaks down the business content management category, based on market presence and customer satisfaction score, for small-business, mid-market, and enterprise reviewers. In the Small-Business segment, Google Drive received the highest overall satisfaction score and Microsoft OneDrive for Business received the highest overall market presence score. In the Mid-Market and Enterprise segments, Google Drive received the highest overall satisfaction score while SharePoint received the highest overall market presence score.
The Grid® leverages customer satisfaction data reported by authenticated users along with vendor market presence determined from social and public data. Based on a combination of these scores, each software solution is categorized as a Leader, High Performer, Contender or Niche.
- Remote access to corporate servers — Users liked that business content management solutions ease remote work. All of the solutions featured on G2 Crowd allow online sharing and some of the solutions allows online collaboration. (Those that don’t allow simultaneous online collaboration on files were called out by users as limiting the usefulness of the tool.) According to users, a feature of several business content management products is a VPN-like virtual desktop which allows users to access internal corporate network drives even from outside the office.
- Secure sharing and storage — Files shared between employees, contractors, and remote workers are most likely of sensitive nature; users liked the assurance that their deployed business content management solution securely shared those files. Even better, user said, was that the solution was simple to use and easy to access. Some solutions even offered a variety of security features that impacted functionality like access privileges to reliable file syncing.
- Want for third-party integrations — Inevitably, users compared business content management solutions to the ease of use and ease of integration that Google Drive offers. Users disliked when their chosen platform isn’t optimized to align with existing applications or file formats, or if the platform was a “closed” ecosystem. Users said that they were left wanting when they had to jump through hoops simply to store files in the cloud or sync files across a variety of systems or platforms.
About the Business Content Management Grid® report:
- The report is based on more than 6,740 reviews written by business professionals.
- Of the 46 products listed in G2 Crowd’s business content management category, the ranked products each received ten or more reviews to qualify for inclusion on the Grid®.
About G2 Crowd, Inc.
G2 Crowd, the world’s leading business solution review platform, leverages more than 365,000 user reviews to drive better purchasing decisions. Business professionals, buyers, investors, and analysts use the site to compare and select the best software and services based on peer reviews and synthesized social data. Every month, nearly one million people visit G2 Crowd’s site to gain unique insights. Co-founded by the founder and former executives of SaaS leaders like BigMachines (acquired by Oracle) and SteelBrick (acquired by Salesforce) and backed by more than $45 million in capital, G2 Crowd aims to bring authenticity and transparency to the business marketplace. For more information, go to G2Crowd.com.
For more information, please contact:
Communications Director for G2 Crowd