G2 Crowd finds Google Analytics tops satisfaction ratings and earns highest overall market presence score
CHICAGO – May 1, 2017 – G2 Crowd, the world’s leading business software review platform, today released the Spring 2017 Digital Analytics Software GridSM report to help businesses make the best digital analytics technology buying decision. Google Analytics, Google Analytics 360, and Google Tag Manager were named Leaders in the report, receiving a strong customer satisfaction score with a large market presence.
Heap, GoSquared, Chartbeat, Woopra, Clicky, Kissmetrics, StatCounter, Mixpanel, Funnel.io, and Piwik were named High Performers in the report, earning strong customer satisfaction marks with smaller market presence scores. Google Analytics earned the highest overall satisfaction score and the highest overall market presence score.
The GridSM leverages customer satisfaction data reported by authenticated users along with vendor market presence determined from social and public data. Based on a combination of these scores, each software solution is categorized as a Leader, High Performer, Contender or Niche.
- Real-Time Feedback — The majority of the products featured in this report monitor website traffic in real-time and send push notifications. This is important, users said, because up-to-the-moment feedback is crucial when making business decisions based on current traffic statistics. Additionally, users responded well to the products that provide a clean and easy-to-read dashboard, so that non-technical users are able to understand the real-time information without turning to an analyst to translate.
- Reporting Capabilities — Users preferred digital analytics products that offer a range of reporting capabilities: the ability to create custom filters, tags, funnels, and other metrics, in addition to exporting capabilities, were all a boon for those who wanted to go beyond basic reporting and dig into granular insights. In this report, the average for Ease of Doing Business was 86 percent, which is the highest satisfaction category average. Additionally, the average Meets Requirements metric for digital analytics products was 84 percent.
- Learning Curve — Users reported there is a steep learning curve in the architecture and setup of the digital analytics products. Users said digital analytics products are not user-friendly because they are complex by nature. For many of the products in the report, reviewers recommended a dedicated developer or implementation team to properly set up the system, so that end-users receive accurate data. The users warned that a disconnect between the administrators and end-users will make effective use of the tool difficult. Ease of Setup and Ease of Use are two of the lowest satisfaction averages in the digital analytics category. The average score for Ease of Use is 81 percent and the average score for Ease of Setup is 80 percent.
About the Digital Analytics Software GridSM report:
- The report is based on more than 1,473 reviews written by business professionals.
- Of the 43 products listed in G2 Crowd’s Digital Analytics category, the ranked products each received ten or more reviews to qualify for inclusion on the GridSM.
About G2 Crowd, Inc.
G2 Crowd, the world’s leading business software review platform, leverages more than 150,000 user reviews to drive better purchasing decisions. Technology buyers, investors, and analysts use the site to compare and select the best software based on peer reviews and synthesized social data. Monthly more than a half-million people visit G2 Crowd’s site. Co-founded by the founder and former executives from SaaS leader BigMachines and backed by roughly $12 million in capital, G2 Crowd aims to bring authenticity and transparency to business technology research. For more information, go to G2Crowd.com.
For more information, please contact:
Communications Director for G2 Crowd