G2 Crowd finds Digimind Social tops satisfaction ratings while Social Studio earns highest overall market presence score
CHICAGO – April 17, 2017 – G2 Crowd, the world’s leading business software review platform, today released the Spring 2017 Social Media Monitoring Software GridSM report to help businesses make the best social media monitoring technology buying decision. Hootsuite, Zoho Social, Sprout Social, Digimind Social, Brandwatch, Synthesio, Social Studio, and NetBase were named Leaders in the report, receiving a strong customer satisfaction score with a large market presence.
Brand24, AgoraPulse, NUVI, Mention, Mediatoolkit, Talkwalker, Cyfe, Radarly, Sendible, Klear, Falcon Social Media Management, Oktopost, Affinio, Infegy Atlas, BrandsEye, Ubermetrics Delta, Audiense, and Geofeedia were named High Performers in the report, earning strong customer satisfaction marks with smaller market presence scores. Brand24 earned the highest overall satisfaction score, while Social Studio earned the highest overall market presence score.
The GridSM leverages customer satisfaction data reported by authenticated users along with vendor market presence determined from social and public data. Based on a combination of these scores, each software solution is categorized as a Leader, High Performer, Contender or Niche.
- Social Measurement is strong — ”Social reporting” and “social measurement” were two of the highest-rated features measured in the report, both of which scored an 83% average satisfaction rating. In reviews, social impact, demographic data, and other audience metrics were mentioned as key benefits to social media monitoring software. Products with highly customizable metrics and reporting features received the most praise. Users liked the ability to adjust measurement periods, identify valuable metrics, and quickly produce custom content.
- Sentiment Scoring struggles — “Sentiment scoring,” on the other hand, was the lowest-rated feature, with an average satisfaction score of 73%. Complaints about sentiment analysis features included a lack of multi-language support, inaccurate figures, and, simply, the inability to measure user sentiment. Some products could not properly associate terms with positive or negative connotations. The inconsistencies in sentiment measurement were by far the most commonly cited complaint for social media monitoring products.
- User interface succeeds — Positive reviews repeatedly mentioned the quality of a social media monitoring product’s user interface. Users lauded products that had intuitive navigation features and logical organizational structures. Users said this makes tools easy to learn, data easy to interpret, accounts easy to set up, and insights easy to gather. “Ease of Use” had an average satisfaction score of 86%. Even when problems arose, users reported high levels of customer assistance, shown by an 89% satisfaction rating for “Quality of Support.”
About the Social Media Monitoring Software GridSM report:
- The report is based on more than 2,052 reviews written by business professionals.
- Of the 133 products listed in G2 Crowd’s Social Media Monitoring category, the ranked products each received ten or more reviews to qualify for inclusion on the GridSM.
About G2 Crowd, Inc.
G2 Crowd, the world’s leading business software review platform, leverages more than 150,000 user reviews to drive better purchasing decisions. Technology buyers, investors, and analysts use the site to compare and select the best software based on peer reviews and synthesized social data. Monthly more than a half-million people visit G2 Crowd’s site. Co-founded by the founder and former executives from SaaS leader BigMachines and backed by roughly $12 million in capital, G2 Crowd aims to bring authenticity and transparency to business technology research. For more information, go to G2Crowd.com.
For more information, please contact:
Communications Director for G2 Crowd