G2 Crowd finds Miva Merchant tops satisfaction ratings while Oracle Commerce earns highest overall market presence score
CHICAGO – October 25, 2016 – G2 Crowd, the world’s leading business software review platform, today released the Fall 2016 E-Commerce Platforms Grid℠ report to help businesses make the best e-commerce technology decision. Shopify, BigCommerce, Miva Merchant, WooCommerce, Infusionsoft, and Magento Community Edition were named Leaders in the report, receiving a strong customer satisfaction score with a large market presence.
Unify Enterprise, FastSpring, Shopify Plus, Avangate, Skubana, LemonStand, PrestaShop, and Slatwall were named High Performers in the report, earning strong customer satisfaction marks with smaller market presence scores. Miva Merchant earned the highest overall satisfaction score while Oracle Commerce earned the highest overall market presence score.
The GridSM leverages customer satisfaction data reported by authenticated users along with vendor market presence determined from social and public data. Based on a combination of these scores, each software solution is categorized as a Leader, High Performer, Contender or Niche.
- Training – Users liked the automation and usefulness that e-commerce platforms afford their businesses; however, users noted that the majority of the products have a steep learning curve upon implementation. According to reviewers, the products become more user friendly over time, but only a few products stood out as being approachable and intuitive for non-programmers. Some of the products offer training tutorials and documentation, but users noted that those are exhaustive and familiarizing themselves with the software can be time consuming.
- High quality of support – Users overwhelmingly praised the customer service and vendor support that the vendors of products on the Grid℠ offer. However, users also noted that the helpful technical support is necessary to get the most out of the software, as well as to keep up with some of the products’ regular updates on features and functions. Users also mentioned that they were not able to customize e-commerce platforms as much as they would like without the help of programmers or developers.
- Unified Platform – The main reason users said they turned to e-commerce platforms was to unify and then automate their business operations, and users said the majority of the products on the Grid℠ do just that. Reviewers appreciated that a large handful of products are geared towards small and medium-sized e-commerce businesses. This centralizes business operations which leads to minimizing redundancy and facilitating growth, according to users. Additionally, users said that the best e-commerce platform offerings have seamless integrations with marketing campaigns, inventory management, APIs, and other systems.
About the E-Commerce Platforms GridSM report:
- The report is based on more than 815 reviews written by business professionals.
- Of the 126 products listed in G2 Crowd’s E-Commerce Platforms category, the ranked products each received ten or more reviews to qualify for inclusion on the GridSM.
About G2 Crowd, Inc.
G2 Crowd, the world’s leading business software review platform, leverages more than 100,000 user reviews to drive better purchasing decisions. Technology buyers, investors, and analysts use the site to compare and select the best software based on peer reviews and synthesized social data. Monthly more than a half-million people visit G2 Crowd’s site. Co-founded by the founder and former executives from SaaS leader BigMachines and backed by roughly $12 million in capital, G2 Crowd aims to bring authenticity and transparency to business technology research. For more information, go to G2Crowd.com.
For more information, please contact:
Communications Director for G2 Crowd