G2 Crowd finds Abacus tops satisfaction ratings while Concur earns highest overall market presence score
CHICAGO – November 22, 2016 – G2 Crowd, the world’s leading business software review platform, today released the Winter 2017 Expense Management Software GridSM report to help businesses make the best expense management technology buying decision. Concur, Expensify, Unit4 Travel & Expenses, and TriNet were named Leaders in the report, receiving a strong customer satisfaction score with a large market presence.
Certify, Abacus, Nexonia Expenses, Zoho Expense, Xpenditure, Chrome River EXPENSE, Deem, Replicon, SutiExpense, BigTime, Trippeo, and Timesheets.com were named High Performers in the report, earning strong customer satisfaction marks with smaller market presence scores. Abacus earned the highest overall satisfaction score, while Concur earned the highest overall market presence score.
The GridSM leverages customer satisfaction data reported by authenticated users along with vendor market presence determined from social and public data. Based on a combination of these scores, each software solution is categorized as a Leader, High Performer, Contender or Niche.
- Learning curve – In the short-answer portion of reviews, users said the majority of the expense management products featured on the Grid℠ require time-consuming training and onboarding in order for users to properly utilize all their features and functionalities. Many users mentioned that they used the software tools at their most basic level, unable to dig deeper into what the tools could offer. They also mentioned that software support is necessary for effective implementation because users discovered that some of the products worked better for small businesses and some worked better for enterprises. However, more than one user did say that, ultimately, digitalizing, centralizing, and updating the expense management process was well worth the time and energy spent on overcoming the large learning curve.
- Efficiency and automation – According to reviews, the greatest benefit of expense management software was that it made employees’ lives better. By digitalizing the system of creating and recording expenses, users found a more convenient and accurate substitute for a previously manual task that took hours of prone-to-error input and wrangling of past receipts. Users did note, however, that the efficiency and automation of expense reports didn’t necessarily mean that the software extended them the level of granular customization and organization that they wanted. Reviewers mentioned that some of the expense management products on the Grid℠ are all-in-one platforms that combine either project management functionalities, HR management features, or travel management capabilities with the expense management product. And some users liked the products that don’t offer full accounting capabilities because of the easy way those products integrate with other accounting, finance, and marketing tools.
- Less-than-stellar mobile app – Users far and away said that multiple-device access is the No. 1 convenience that expense management software offers them. Unfortunately, a large number of the reviewers mentioned that, to their dismay, expense management software applications don’t hold a candle to the cloud/web browser versions. When the majority of expense management efficiency comes from the ability to input receipts and create reports on-the-go—especially for employees who travel for a living or for a company that has a spread-out workforce—users say it’s counterproductive if apps glitch or crash, don’t properly read information from scanned receipts, or take longer to scan than manually input information. However, reviewers did caution potential users to not let a spotty and buggy mobile interface and less-robust mobile capabilities deter them from purchasing an otherwise helpful piece of software.
About the Expense Management Software GridSM report:
- The report is based on more than 2,250 reviews written by business professionals.
- Of the 88 products listed in G2 Crowd’s Expense Management category, the ranked products each received ten or more reviews to qualify for inclusion on the GridSM.
About G2 Crowd, Inc.
G2 Crowd, the world’s leading business software review platform, leverages more than 110,000 user reviews to drive better purchasing decisions. Technology buyers, investors, and analysts use the site to compare and select the best software based on peer reviews and synthesized social data. Monthly more than a half-million people visit G2 Crowd’s site. Co-founded by the founder and former executives from SaaS leader BigMachines and backed by roughly $12 million in capital, G2 Crowd aims to bring authenticity and transparency to business technology research. For more information, go to G2Crowd.com.
For more information, please contact:
Communications Director for G2 Crowd