G2 Crowd finds DigitalOcean tops satisfaction ratings while Amazon S3 earns highest overall market presence score
CHICAGO – October 18, 2016 – G2 Crowd, the world’s leading business software review platform, today released the Fall 2016 Infrastructure As A Service Providers (IaaS) Software GridSM report to help businesses make the best IaaS technology decision. Amazon S3, DigitalOcean, Microsoft Azure, Rackspace Managed Cloud, and Amazon VPC were named Leaders in the report, receiving a strong customer satisfaction score with a large market presence.
Linode was named High Performer in the report, earning strong customer satisfaction marks with smaller market presence scores. DigitalOcean earned the highest overall satisfaction score, while Amazon S3 earned the highest overall market presence score.
The GridSM leverages customer satisfaction data reported by authenticated users along with vendor market presence determined from social and public data. Based on a combination of these scores, each software solution is categorized as a Leader, High Performer, Contender or Niche.
- Satisfied users — Users were highly satisfied with the majority of products. Every Net Promoter Score (NPS) was higher than 35. The average NPS was 50. Every product had a recommendation rate of at least 83 percent with an average of 86 percent. Users repeatedly mentioned the benefits of managed services as well.
- Support struggles — Customer support was one of the most common complaints. Users said many providers are difficult to communicate with in regards to technical difficulties. The complaint was even more common with free tier users. Quality of support was tied for the lowest-rated satisfaction category with an average of 83 percent. Four of nine products had scores 77 percent or less.
- Pleased with pricing — Users repeatedly commented on the benefits of providers’ pay-as-you-go structure. Users said many are quite affordable and appreciated the fact that users pay for the specific amount of services they used. Ease of doing business was one of the top-rated satisfaction metrics with an average of 86 percent.
About the Infrastructure As A Service (IaaS) Software GridSM report:
- The report is based on more than 335 reviews written by business professionals.
- Of the 50 products listed in G2 Crowd’s Infrastructure As A Service (IaaS) category, the ranked products each received ten or more reviews to qualify for inclusion on the GridSM.
About G2 Crowd, Inc.
G2 Crowd, the world’s leading business software review platform, leverages more than 100,000 user reviews to drive better purchasing decisions. Technology buyers, investors, and analysts use the site to compare and select the best software based on peer reviews and synthesized social data. Monthly more than a half-million people visit G2 Crowd’s site. Co-founded by the founder and former executives from SaaS leader BigMachines and backed by roughly $12 million in capital, G2 Crowd aims to bring authenticity and transparency to business technology research. For more information, go to G2Crowd.com.
For more information, please contact:
Communications Director for G2 Crowd