G2 Crowd finds Amazon EC2 tops satisfaction ratings while AWS Elastic Beanstalk earns highest overall market presence score
CHICAGO – December 8, 2016 – G2 Crowd, the world’s leading business software review platform, today released the Winter 2017 Platform as a Service (PaaS) GridSM report to help businesses make the best platform as a service (PaaS) technology buying decision. Amazon EC2, Microsoft Azure, Salesforce App Cloud: Force.com, Salesforce App Cloud: Heroku Enterprise, and OpenShift were named Leaders in the report, receiving a strong customer satisfaction score with a large market presence.
Morpheus and Dokku were named High Performers in the report, earning strong customer satisfaction marks with smaller market presence scores. Morpheus earned the highest overall satisfaction score, while Amazon EC2 earned the highest overall market presence score.
The GridSM leverages customer satisfaction data reported by authenticated users along with vendor market presence determined from social and public data. Based on a combination of these scores, each software solution is categorized as a Leader, High Performer, Contender or Niche.
- Ease of Use remains strength — From development to deployment, users said that the tools are easy to use, manage, and master. Users repeatedly mentioned the simplicity at which they can build customized backends for applications. Ease of Use was tied with Meets Requirements for the highest average satisfaction rating at 86%.
- Customer support struggled — Users frequently cited difficulties communicating with vendors and attempting to receive assistance when using PaaS products. Some users subscribed to lower-usage tiers felt neglected in comparison to premium users. Quality of Support was the lowest of all satisfaction scores with an average of 80%.
- Tons of tools — Users were often impressed with each PaaS solution’s native toolset. Users were also highly satisfied with products’ abilities to expand functionality through third-party tools, plugins, and integrations. This likely explains why Meets Requirements tied with Ease of Use for the highest satisfaction score at 86%.
- Poor documentation — While users appeared thoroughly satisfied with the product’s final functionality, users said a lack of documentation slowed their start. Some users were unable to find proper documentation and others said documents were outdated. Most users simply said documentation for certain features and practices could not be found.
About the Platform as a Service (PaaS) GridSM report:
- The report is based on more than 471 reviews written by business professionals.
- Of the 51 products listed in G2 Crowd’s Platform as a Service (PaaS) category, the ranked products each received ten or more reviews to qualify for inclusion on the GridSM.
About G2 Crowd, Inc.
G2 Crowd, the world’s leading business software review platform, leverages more than 120,000 user reviews to drive better purchasing decisions. Technology buyers, investors, and analysts use the site to compare and select the best software based on peer reviews and synthesized social data. Monthly more than a half-million people visit G2 Crowd’s site. Co-founded by the founder and former executives from SaaS leader BigMachines and backed by roughly $12 million in capital, G2 Crowd aims to bring authenticity and transparency to business technology research. For more information, go to G2Crowd.com.
For more information, please contact:
Communications Director for G2 Crowd