Three platforms earn leader status while Applause tops overall satisfaction rankings
CHICAGO – January 18, 2016 – G2 Crowd, the world’s leading business software review platform, today released the Winter 2016 Software Testing Software GridSM report to help businesses make the best technology decisions. HP ALM, Quality Center and Apache JMeter were named Leaders in the report, receiving strong customer satisfaction scores with a large market presence. Additionally, Applause, TestRail and Sauce Labs were named High Performers, earning strong customer satisfaction scores with a smaller market presence. Applause earned the highest overall satisfaction score, while Quality Center earned highest overall market presence score.
The GridSM leverages customer satisfaction data reported by authenticated users along with vendor market presence determined from social and public data. Based on a combination of these scores, each software solution is categorized as Leader, High Performer, Contender, or Niche.
The Winter 2016 Software Testing Software GridSM Report features nearly 200 software testing reviews and revealed these high level insights about the software testing market as a whole:
- Test management rated highly — Users of software testing products across the board rated core test management features positively, showing software testing products have test management features figured out.
- Reporting features outdated and lacking — A common complaint across software testing products was the lack of reporting features. Users cited a lack of exporting options, outdated analytical visualization, data inconsistencies, and overall poor reporting capabilities as disappointing.
- Pricing structures separate the pack — Some users were frustrated with the high price of their software testing subscription and licensing packages, and found pricing to be a negative feature of their product. Others were pleasantly surprised with their product’s pricing options, with several open-source products offering free software testing solutions.
About the Software Testing Software GridSM report:
- The report is based on nearly 200 reviews written by business professionals.
- Of the roughly 50 products listed in G2 Crowd’s software testing category, the ranked products each received ten or more reviews to qualify for inclusion on the GridSM.
About G2 Crowd, Inc.
G2 Crowd, the world’s leading business software review platform, leverages more than 50,000 user reviews to drive better purchasing decisions. Technology buyers, investors, and analysts use the site to compare and select the best software based on peer reviews and synthesized social data. Co-founded by the founder and former executives from SaaS leader BigMachines and backed by roughly $12 million in capital, G2 Crowd aims to bring authenticity and transparency to business technology research. For more information, go to G2Crowd.com
For more information, please contact:
Adam Beeson, communications director for G2 Crowd, 847-867-0048, email@example.com